Could you run 13.1 miles for Nottingham hospitals?From experienced runners to those looking to challenge themselves for the first time, the Robin Hood Half Marathon is perfect for runners of all experiences. With every mile you pass, you’ll run knowing that you’ve made a difference to patient care across all four Nottingham hospitals.
Get the little ones involvedLooking for a fun challenge for the whole family? The Robin Hood Mini Marathon is perfect for those little legs and those who are unable to run 13.1 miles. Take on the 1.5-mile challenge up and around the Victoria Embankment and receive a very special medal.
Run as a team
Want to bring your colleagues together whilst making a difference? You can enter the Robin Hood Half Marathon as a team and add an extra pinch of competitiveness to the group.
Whether you are a team of 6 or 60, each team member will impact patient care right here in Nottingham.
Getting the most out of your fundraising
When you sign up for the Robin Hood Half Marathon, you can choose where you want all your fundraising efforts to go. Whether you want to support an area, unit, or a particular cause that is closest to your heart or you just want to support Nottingham hospitals in general, every penny you make will go directly back into improving patient care right here in Nottingham.
Simply let us know where you would like to support when you sign up and we’ll ensure your donations go to the right place.
Meet some of our previous runners
Emily started running to alleviate her anxiety symptoms and wanted to take on an event that would push her out of her comfort zone.
She decided that she was going to use her newfound love of running to make a difference in her local community and raise money for patients across Nottingham hospitals.
After Phil was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2021, Phil decided to set himself a challenge of two marathons and two half marathons to say thank you to the staff who cared for him.
He completed his epic challenge and raised over £2,000 for three departments across Nottingham hospitals which include the Oncology Department, E14 and the Chemotherapy ward at City Hospital.
What to expect on the day
- You’ll arrive at the Victoria Embankment raring and ready to go. Make sure you pop over to the Charity tent, say hello, and collect your free goody bag. We’ll also be able to help answer any last-minute questions.
- Listen out for the speaker, as you’ll hear an announcement when it’s time to line up at the start line.
- When you pass our cheer point, give our volunteers a wave and remember to stay hydrated the whole way around.
- Once you’ve crossed the finish line, celebrate with your friends and family, pop back over to our tent so we can celebrate your achievement with you.
Need help with your fundraising?
- You can collect donations in multiple ways. From setting up a JustGiving page or downloading a paper sponsorship form, you’ll be able to ask for donations both online and offline.
- We’re here to help you every step of the way. If you need advice on how to collect donations, our team is here to support you. Don’t worry if you haven’t hit your target by the time the race rolls around, donations may come in after the event.
- Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions about the day or fundraising. You can email us at email@example.com or call 0115 962 7905.