Just three months after launching our appeal to raise at least £500,000 towards the redevelopment of the children’s cancer and neuroscience wards, we have raised a total of £400,000.
We’d like to say a Big Thankyou to everyone who has helped us get this far, and encourage our fabulous supporters to help us with a big push to reach our target.
Nottingham Children’s Hospital treats children and young people with cancer from across the East Midlands and provides the only unit in the East Midlands for neuro- diagnostics and neuro-surgery.
The redevelopment that’s currently taking place at Nottingham Children’s Hospital, at QMC, will transform the cancer and neuroscience wards and thanks to our supporters, the development is set to be truly first-class, above and beyond standard provision.
When the project is complete there will be:
- A clinical area dedicated to the needs of younger children under the age of thirteen
- A ward environment tailored to the needs of young patients, that is child- friendly, colourful, positive, fun and welcoming.
- Facilities designed for children with particular needs caused by neurological disease
- Space and facilities for parents to stay overnight with their children
- New furniture and interactive play equipment for the playroom.
- An improved ventilation system to reduce the risk of infection for the most vulnerable patients.
Can you help us Build the Best for our young patients? Find out more here.