Watch our behind-the-scenes tour of the new intra-operative MRI scanner at Nottingham Children's Hospital, funded by our Big Appeal!
Each year our Nottingham Children’s Hospital treats thousands of babies. In particular, our Neonatal Units at QMC and City Hospital provide intensive treatment of pre-term and poorly babies. They are specialist regional centres, caring for 1,500 of our tiniest patients each year.
Our Big Appeal gave supporters like you the chance to make a difference to the treatment of children and babies across Nottingham, and help give them the best possible start in life.
This four year £4million campaign set out to transform facilities for children and their families at Nottingham Children’s Hospital.
It aimed to provide state-of-the art imaging equipment, fund research into improved treatments and transform onsite parents accommodation.
With your help, here’s what we’ve delivered so far:
- In Autumn 2017 we launched the Big Neonatal aspect of the Appeal, to benefit premature or poorly babies and their families.
- In March 2018 we launched our imaging phase of the campaign, the Big iMRI Appeal, to provide a state-of-the-art intra operative MRI (iMRI) scanner to be used during paediatric brain surgery.
- In March 2019 we opened the refurbished onsite parent and family accommodation at the Nottingham Children’s Hospital, providing a vital 24/7 family link to our littlest patients.
- In January 2020 we launched the Baby MRI Appeal, with the aim of funding an all-in-one scanning environment for babies, keeping them comfortable and protecting them from noise, reducing the need for sedation.
- In December 2020, we officially unveiled the £3million iMRI scanner at Nottingham Children’s Hospital, which is now being used for crucial diagnostic scans.
Click the button to donate to Nottingham Children's Hospital's latest Appeal - our Baby MRI Appeal
Read more of our impact stories
Hayward House is a specialist palliative care unit in the grounds of the City Hospital. Find out how we support specialist care for patients and families who stay here.
Breast cancer research
Every minute one woman in the UK is diagnosed with breast cancer. See how Nottingham Hospitals Charity supports patient care.
See how your support helps fund training for our hospital nurses.
Staff education and welfare
See how we provide continual education opportunities for our staff and how we look after their welfare.
Research and innovation
Medical research and innovation is at the heart of healthcare.
Patient facilities and equipment
One of the biggest ways Nottingham Hospitals Charity supports our local hospitals is by funding state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to directly enhance patient care.
New buildings and major refurbishment
We also fund improvements to buildings and spaces within Nottingham’s hospitals themselves.
Long COVID Research Appeal
The more we understand Long Covid, the better our hospitals can treat it. Support our research today.
Baby MRI Appeal
Part of our Big Appeal, we’re raising money for state-of-the-art equipment at Nottingham’s Children’s Hospital.
Hayward House Appeal
Our palliative care centre at City Hospital receives regular grants from the Charity, to cover extra nursing posts, counselling and complementary therapies.