No-one wants their child to be in hospital.
But for every single one of these young patients, doctors and nurses are working around the clock to diagnose and treat them.
Whether it’s a routine procedure or an emergency situation – it’s an incredibly worrying and stressful time for families.
To a child, hospitals can seem like a scary place, away from their parents, school and normal life.
And though Nottingham Children’s Hospital is one of the best paediatric centres in the country, they need your help right now.
Every week, over 1,000 critically ill children are seen at Nottingham Children’s Hospital.
Our Big Appeal is raising money to support those children – whether they’re only a few days old or in their teenage years.
Your support can make huge changes at Nottingham Children’s Hospital, to help our very youngest patients while they are here being cared for by doctors and nurses day in, day out.
Explore how your donations will make a difference to our youngest patients right here in Nottingham.Click between the three buttons below to read more about the areas of Nottingham Children's Hospital we're raising money for.
Over 1,000 premature babies are cared for here in Nottingham every year – and they need your help today.
Your donations can fund:
- A dedicated ultrasound machine for radiologists, to allow scans on NICU rather than needing to be taken to the radiology department
- Homely elements in parent/family areas, parent and family accommodation
- Woodland themed decoration in clinical areas, to support mental wellbeing and capture the imagination of siblings
- Fingerprint access to NICU for parents, so families can come and go without needing to be let in by clinical staff if the unit is busy
- Updates to parent and family accommodation, including TVs, phones, comfortable bedding, mini fridges, homely touches
- A welcoming entrance to reflect the excellent care in the unity and putting visitors at ease
- Interactive sensory floor projector for family area
Children’s Outpatients is the front door to Nottingham Children’s Hospital and sees 1,500 young patients each week – today it needs your support.The Big Appeal sets out to fundraise for huge changes at Children’s Outpatients, to fund:
- 2 new play and sensory rooms to support children who have additional needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Therapeutic play intervention to assist coping mechanisms for young patients who are feeling anxious and worried
- Age-appropriate play facilities for children between 0-18 years old, including games consoles, arts and crafts materials, books and other toys
- Additional clinic rooms to cope with high demands of a busy Children’s department
- A complete redecoration of Children’s Outpatients, breathing new life into the department with a fresh and contemporary feel
- State-of-the-art technology including a new booking system to help improve flexibility with appointments
Donate today and money will go directly to help children who are treated here at Nottingham Children’s Hospital.
One thing children know is how to playWhether it’s a toddler or a teenager, the use of play materials is a really beneficial way to put a patient at ease. By introducing games, books and magazines, play equipment, craft materials or other toys, it can really help young patients cope with their time in hospital.
With your donations, we can fund:
- More play specialists, to support young patients and their families when they are in hospital
- Toys, games and other entertainment which is age appropriate to different young patients
- Improvements to the Youth Room, for the Youth Service
- Play areas both inside and outside, to inspire and entertain both patients and their families
- Books and reading materials, to help children feel calm, settled and at ease when in hospital
Donate today and your money will go directly to help children who are treated here at Nottingham Children’s Hospital.Donate today
Supporters like you have already raised over £4million for Nottingham Children’s Hospital.Your support is already making an incredible difference, by funding some important projects right here in Nottingham. Here are just a few of the young patients and families you have supported.
Daniel and the iMRIDonate £10 today and you’ll be helping children like Daniel have access to the very best state-of-the-art equipment.
Amelia and the Parent and family accommodationCan you help families like Amelia's parents feel more at home while their child is being treated at Nottingham Children’s Hospital?
Lucy and the Youth Service ResidentialsDonate £10 today and you’ll be making a real difference for patients like Lucy, who have finished their treatment but may need ongoing support.
We are so close to our target, but we need your help to get there.
Explore the vision of our Nottingham Children’s Hospital
Please note, funds raised for this appeal may be used for other, similar projects for the benefit of patients if our target is exceeded or not met, or if the appeal purposes cannot be fulfilled.