Our action packed Dragon Boat Race weekend begins in
Introducing our first ever Staff Dragon Boat Race!Grab your oars, life jackets and colleagues and take to the waters of the River Trent for some thrilling Dragon Boat action.
This event is exclusively open to Nottingham hospitals staff.
Great fun for the whole familyThe Dragon Boat Race is a great day out for everyone in your team and all your loved ones who have come along to support you.
There will be plenty of Dragon Boat action throughout the day so invite your best cheering squad for a fun day out.
On the dayEach team will take part in a four-boat race until one is crowned the fastest on the day.
Every team gets two chances within their heat to be the fastest in that group. After that each team will be placed in one final heat and race for a medal position.
There will be prizes for first, second and third places. with additional prizes for Best Dressed and Highest Fundraisers.
Team building at its bestThe best part about the Dragon Boat Race is bringing teams together.
Each boat requires 17 people including 1 drummer to take part, so grab your colleagues for some paddling action.
There are 12 boats on the day, so be quick and book your teams place.
Take a look at our FAQs
What to expect on the day
- Your group will be given a time of when to arrive but feel free to get there earlier and get the best viewing spot
- Once your time arrives, you'll be called up with your team for a briefing by the team from Anaconda where you will learn how to row on a beat.
- You'll then race heats against other teams to determine who you'll race against in the afternoon.
- They'll be a break in between races, so feel free to bring your own food or use the local café.
- One of our team will also be taking photos throughout the day, so make sure your team are ready to give their best smiles.
Need help with your fundraising?
- As the Dragon Boat Race is a team event, you can split the fundraising amount between team members. If you are a business or an area within Nottingham hospitals, we can provide you with a collection tin to help you gain more donations.
- You can raise this by setting up a JustGiving page or by downloading out sponsorship form.
- We're here if you need any advice or guidance on how to ask people for donations. Don't worry if you haven't reached your target by the day, sometime it takes a little while for sponsorship money to come in.
- Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions about the day or fundraising. You can email us at email@example.com or call us on 0115 962 7905
Take a look at our current appeals
Hayward House Appeal | Hospice Charity Nottingham
Help us raise £1.5 million to create better facilities for patients and their families at Hayward House at City Hospital in Nottingham.
Big Appeal for Nottingham Children's Hospital
Help raise £1.5million to support young patients and their families at Nottingham Children’s Hospital
The Robin Centre
Our dedicated centre for bereavement counsellors and clinical staff to meet with families who have experienced the loss of a baby or child.