Nottingham Hospitals Charity (NHC) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy sets out how and why NHC collects and uses your personal information, and how we protect it. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and with the Data Protection Act 1998. NHC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with the changes. This statement is effective from January 2017. For more information, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office, with whom we are registered.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and title
- Contact information including address and post code. This can also include place of work.
- Phone numbers and email addresses
- Bank account details (if donating by debit or credit card/setting up a direct debit for regular donations)
- Date of birth
- We may collect information relating to your health (for example if you are taking part in an event or volunteering for us)
- Emergency next of kin details (if you are volunteering for us)
If you sponsor a person using an online giving platform such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving and you indicate that you would like to hear from us, then they may pass on your contact details to us so that we can tell you more about our Charity. You should check the Privacy Statements of sites such as Just Giving, before you give them your information.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To thank you for your donations, volunteering, or other support
- To respond to you if you have made an enquiry
- We may use the information to keep you up to date with what is happening at Nottingham Hospitals Charity via our twice-yearly Pulse newsletter, but we will always let you know how you can opt out of receiving this.
- We may periodically send letters or emails about fundraising events which we think may interest you using the contact details you have provided.
- We may let you know about our annual Prize Draw, but we will always let you know how to opt out of receiving raffle tickets.
- We may use this information to improve our products and services.
- If you start filling in a form on our website but don’t complete it, we may contact you to find out if there is a problem with our website, and to ask if we can be of any help.
We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including sending postal mail and emails, checking our supporter’s personal information is accurate and up to date, and processing credit card payments. We will only provide these companies with the information they need to deliver the service. We do comprehensive checks on these companies before we work with them, and we put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that external website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. When you are asked to fill in a form on our website, there will always be a box that you can tick if you do not want the information to be used for fundraising purposes. If you have previously given us permission to use your personal information for fundraising purposes, you can change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning 0115 9627905 or writing to us at Nottingham Hospitals Charity, Sherwood Building, City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB.
We do not share any of your information with Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust unless we have your permission to do so, and we do not have access to your hospital records. We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties. We will not share your information with a third party for their own purposes unless required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please request this in writing to the address above. If you believe that any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, so that we can correct the information.
We appreciate your support and aim to ensure that your privacy is treated with respect at all times, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Last updated 02/8/17