Posted on: 13 Jul 2022
We’re excited to see all our fantastic fundraisers at our Dragon Boat Race this weekend!
With the ongoing heatwave due to continue over the weekend, we’ve put together a few tips for keeping cool while you’re with us.
- Stay hydrated. Bring plenty of water with you, and make sure you sip it regularly. You could even freeze a bottle or two, so that you still have ice cold water at hand as the day wears on. We’ll also have water available at our Charity stand, as well as on tap in the bar area.
- Pop indoors! The indoor bar area will be open all day, so please make use of the facilities and pop indoors for some shade, a cool drink, and to rest your legs for a while.
- Bring your own shade. You are more than welcome to bring your own gazebo, tent and parasols to provide shade for you, your teammates and your onshore cheerleaders!
- Remember your sun cream! Don’t forget to put on your factor 50 sun cream before you come, and bring the bottle with you so that you can top up throughout the day.
- Dress for the occasion. Loose clothing is advised in order to stay cool during hot weather. If your team has tight-fitting costumes for the race, you may wish to arrive in looser items and get changed in time for your race. And don’t forget your sun hat!
- Your biggest fan! As well as bringing your cheerleading fans along to support you, don’t forget to bring the other type of fan too! Whether it’s battery-powered or a good old manual fan, it can really help to cool you down on a hot and sticky day.
- Ask for help. If the heat is getting too much for you, or one of your teammates or supporters, please don’t hesitate to seek help from the First Aid team who will be on hand throughout the day. Please also be mindful of any pre-existing medical conditions which may be affected by the heat. We want our Dragon Boat Race to be a fun occasion for all, and your safety is our top priority.
We can’t wait to see you on the day! If you have any questions in the meantime, you can email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 0115 962 7905.